University of Michigan Sexual Assault Attorney
Dr. Robert E Anderson, the former university physician and team doctor of the University of Michigan, has recently been implicated in numerous past instances of sexual misconduct and abuse against the school’s patients and athletes. Although the late doctor passed away in 2008, more accounts are surfacing about his predatory actions against students.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we believe that this is absolutely unacceptable and that any liable parties must be held accountable for his despicable actions. If you or a loved one is a survivor of sexual abuse by Dr. Anderson, please contact us today to discuss your case. We want to help you seek justice today.
Why Choose Us?
Our team of experienced attorneys has helped survivors of sexual abuse recover the compensation and closure they deserve to move forward with their lives.
- We have more than 20 years of experience fighting on behalf of survivors of sexual abuse and misconduct.
- We have a proven record of results, securing more than $2 billion in total compensation for our clients.
- We do not hesitate to take on large organizations for their part in enabling sexual abuse and assault. Our past successes include representing over 150 survivors of clergy abuse, and other large groups of survivors of school abuse.
- We take a sympathetic approach to all of our clients. We understand the significant impact abuse can have on someone, and we provide legal counsel and support that puts your health and wellbeing above our own interests.
- We understand that you may be concerned about personal safety, so we maintain confidentiality and anonymity on your behalf throughout any and all case proceedings.
Dr. Anderson Abused Students for Decades
The allegations of Dr. Anderson’s abuse started in July 2018. Since then, reports of his gross misconduct and sexual abuse have painted a history of abuse that dates as far back as the 1970s. According to these reports, Dr. Anderson frequently victimized patients as the director of University Health Service on campus. During medical exams and check-ups, he engaged in inappropriate acts that included groping, molestation, and the exposure of his own genitals to students.
As Dr. Anderson eventually became the University of Michigan’s team doctor, he would continue to prey on student-athletes, commonly subjecting them to medical exams that included “medically necessary” rectal examinations with his finger.
All Liable Parties Deserve to Be Held Accountable
Currently, the University of Michigan is investigating all of these allegations with local authorities, in hopes that they can fully grasp the full scope of Dr. Anderson’s continuing abuse.
However, the university itself may share liability for his actions. According to previous reports, the University of Michigan allegedly transitioned Dr. Anderson to the team doctor position after repeated reports of inappropriateness as the head physician – instead of reporting him to the proper authorities.
By failing to properly report his criminal actions and instead re-assigning him to another department, the University of Michigan and all involved officials deserve to be held accountable for enabling his despicable actions and extending his reach to other innocent students.
We Can Help You Seek Justice Today
If you or a loved one is a survivor of Dr. Anderson’s abuse, please contact us immediately for a free, confidential consultation. We believe that all those responsible must be held accountable for their actions, and we are dedicated to seeking justice on your behalf so that you can move forward with your life.
Contact us now. We are here to help.