Stockton Sexual Assault Attorney
If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault in Stockton, CA, please contact the Stockton sexual assault attorneys at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi right away for help. We can assist you with the legal aspects of your claim to hold a perpetrator or institution accountable for the heinous crimes committed against you. We will help you in any way that we can after this grave injustice. Start your case by requesting a free, confidential consultation at our local law office today.
Why Trust Manly, Stewart & Finaldi With Your Stockton Sexual Assault Claim?
- We are proud to be one of the nation’s most renowned sexual assault and abuse law firms.
- We have more than 20 years of experience and have recovered over $2 billion in total.
- You will benefit from personalized care and attention from your attorney.
- Our sexual abuse lawyers will put your well-being first. We will keep your identity confidential if desired.
- We aren’t afraid to go up against any defendant, including large institutions and corporations.
What Is Sexual Abuse?
Sexual assault is a crime in California that can refer to any type of activity of a sexual nature committed against a victim without his or her consent. In California, minors under the age of 18 cannot legally give their consent. Sexual abuse generally refers to multiple incidents of sexual assault committed against a survivor over a period of time. Child sexual abuse, for example, is an ongoing pattern of sexual abuse against a child. Both are terrible crimes that warrant justice for survivors.
How a Stockton Sexual Assault Lawyer Can Help
If you are a survivor of sexual assault in Stockton, legal remedies may be available to you. While we know that nothing can make up for the emotional toll caused by sexual assault, coming forward with a lawsuit against the perpetrator and/or an institution can bring you justice and closure. Our California sexual abuse attorneys can help you in many ways during the legal process, such as:
- Investigating the incident and collecting any available evidence.
- Creating a comprehensive case strategy to achieve your desired outcome.
- Pursuing the maximum possible financial compensation against the defendant(s).
- Hiring qualified experts to strengthen your case, if necessary.
- Negotiating with the at-fault parties on your behalf.
- Answering your questions and making sure that you have everything you need during this difficult time.
An experienced sexual assault lawyer in Stockton, CA can take care of all of the complicated aspects of your case for you while you concentrate on healing and moving forward. You can trust that your lawyer will do everything within his or her power to achieve the financial compensation that you deserve as a sexual assault survivor.
Types of Sexual Assault Cases We Handle
It is important to find a sexual assault attorney in Stockton that has experience with your type of case. At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we have acted on behalf of hundreds of clients in sexual assault and abuse lawsuits. We can help you with any type of sexual assault case, including:
- Athlete sexual abuse
- Clergy sexual abuse
- Doctor sexual abuse
- Elder abuse
- Foster care abuse
- School sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Workplace sexual abuse and harassment
- Youth organization
We are known for going up against major institutions and organizations with vast legal resources and support. We do not back down from a challenge.
Warning Signs of Sexual Assault
You may be able to detect the signs of sexual abuse or assault in a loved one, such as your child if you know what to look for. Common physical signs of sexual abuse include unexplained injuries, bruising on the upper thighs, injuries to the genitalia and sexually transmitted diseases. Behavioral and emotional signs include depression, anxiety, symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, nightmares or bedwetting, and shame or guilt. The warning signs of sexual assault will change depending on factors such as the age of the victim.
What To Do if You Were Sexually Abused in Stockton
If you or someone you love is a survivor of sexual abuse in Stockton, you have legal rights. It is important to take certain steps to hold someone accountable. Take the following steps to protect yourself following sexual abuse or assault:
- Report the attack. Call 911 in an emergency or use the nonemergency number.
- Go to a safe location, such as a friend or relative’s house.
- Reach out for support, including contacting professionals and therapists to cope with what happened.
- Go to a hospital for any injuries. If you can, visit a doctor within 72 hours for a sexual assault forensic exam.
- Consider your legal options by consulting with an attorney.
If you cannot take these steps on your own, come to our Stockton sexual abuse attorneys for assistance. We will do everything in our power to make sure that you feel secure and that your voice is heard in the civil justice system.
Time Limits for Filing a Sexual Abuse Claim in California
In California, current state law gives sexual abuse survivors different time limits to file their claims depending on how old they were when the abuse or assault took place. If you were sexually abused as a child under the age of 18, you have until your 40th birthday or 5 years from the date that you discover the abuse to file. If you were abused or assaulted as an adult, you will have 10 years from the last act of assault or 3 years from the date of discovery – whichever is longer.
Compensation for Victims of Sexual Abuse in Stockton, CA
Part of holding a perpetrator or institution accountable for sexual assault in Stockton is requiring them to pay for your related losses and injuries. If your lawyer succeeds in holding a defendant accountable for sexual assault, you could recover financial compensation for your medical expenses, related lost wages or potential to earn, physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, psychological trauma, loss of consortium, and more. Our Stockton sexual abuse lawyers will work tirelessly to fight for the best possible financial outcome for your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Sexual Abuse Attorney in Stockton
If you or a loved one has been sexually assaulted in Stockton, CA, do not stay silent. Contact our Stockton sexual assault attorneys to begin the journey toward justice. We have the knowledge, resources and support that you need to get your life back. Discuss all of the ways that we can help you today. Call (800) 700-8450 or contact us online to request a free case evaluation.