Security guard Mohamed Mao arrested in Fullerton on suspicion of sexually assaulting teen
Posted on February 13, 2023     |     Sexual Abuse
A man working as a security guard was arrested after allegedly kidnapping and sexually assaulting a teenager in Fullerton earlier this week.
The assault was reported around 7:20 p.m. Tuesday at a shopping center in the 1800 block of Malvern Avenue.
The 17-year-old victim told responding officers that she and her boyfriend were sitting inside their parked vehicle when they were confronted by a security guard.
The man, later identified as Mohamed Mao, 34, of Anaheim, was in a uniform and was driving what looked like an official security type vehicle, according to Fullerton police.
Mao allegedly ordered the girl to get out of the vehicle and into the backseat of his car.
The assailant then drove her to another location in the shopping center where he allegedly sexually assaulted her, police said.
According to police, the suspect let her go after she used her cell phone to tell her parents what happened. Police officers then went to the shopping center and found the suspect attempting to stop another vehicle. The officers arrested the man on suspicion of assault with the intent to rape, kidnapping, sexual battery of a minor and impersonating a police officer.
He was booked into jail and was being held on $100,000 bail.
Detectives learned the suspect was only in his second day of work patrolling the shopping center.
Police believe there may be other victims. Police urge anyone with information to call detectives at 714-738-6754. Anonymous tips can be made by calling Orange County Crime Stoppers at 1-855-TIP-OCCS.
Manly, Stewart & Finaldi has represented hundreds of child sexual abuse victims . We were the lead attorneys helping sexual abuse victims in recover $852 million from the University of Southern California. We are also the lead attorneys representing Olympic athletes and victims of former US Olympic Women’s Gymnastics Team Doctor Larry Nassar and secured $890 million in settlements for our clients. We secured a $243.6 million settlement on behalf of sexual abuse victims at UCLA.In each of these cases we have helped victims and families get justice by conducting a thorough investigation of the organization and the school . We secured a settlement of $140 million on behalf of 81 child sexual abuse victims at Miramonte Elementary School in Los Angeles. This was the largest child sexual abuse settlement by a public school district in history. In many cases we have discovered that administrators and executives know that the perpetrator was a danger to children and either did nothing or actively covered up the crimes.