Palm Springs/Palm Desert Sexual Assault Attorney
Being a victim of sexual assault in Palm Springs or Palm Desert, California can have an enormous impact on every aspect of your life. You may no longer feel safe in your home or community. You may also be dealing with numerous psychological and emotional effects. Sexual abuse can interfere with your ability to go to work, foster relationships with others and lead a normal life. At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, our sexual assault attorneys can help you take a stand against a perpetrator and/or an institution to get the justice and closure that you deserve.
Why Choose Us for Your Sexual Assault Case?
- Our plaintiff’s attorneys have spent more than 20 years exclusively practicing sexual assault and abuse law. We are one of America’s leading law firms in this practice area.
- Your goals, safety and comfort will be our top priorities. We are here to protect your rights and be your advocates, with personalized client care and frequent case updates.
- We accept sexual assault cases in Palm Springs and Palm Desert on a contingency fee basis. We charge $0 in attorney’s fees unless we secure financial compensation for a client.
What Is Sexual Assault? What Are Common Examples?
The definition of sexual assault in California is to touch another person’s intimate parts without that person’s consent. It can refer to any unwelcome or unwanted touching of a victim’s private parts, as well as any sexual activity with a minor under the age of 18 – even acts involving mutual consent – since minors cannot legally give their consent. Examples of sexual assault include:
- Sexual touching, groping, fondling or battery
- Touching someone while he or she is unlawfully restrained or incapacitated
- Touching someone inappropriately under the misrepresentation that it served a professional purpose
- Forcing someone to masturbate or touch another person inappropriately
- Indecent exposure
- Child pornography
- Forced oral copulation
- Child molestation or child sexual abuse
- Rape, statutory rape, attempted rape or sodomy
These sex crimes can be committed by adults, teenagers and older adolescents. A victim can be targeted by a peer, coworker, employer, coach, priest, doctor or even a family member. You may also be a victim of spousal sexual assault, rape and violence. Regardless of the circumstances of the sexual assault crime committed against you, you have legal rights. Defend them with assistance from an aggressive sexual abuse plaintiff’s attorney at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi.
Your Rights as a Sexual Assault Victim in California
You don’t have to accept sexual abuse or stay silent about known abusers in your community. You have the power to speak out against this heinous crime and push for changes on an institutional level to potentially protect others. Filing a civil lawsuit in Palm Springs or Palm Desert can allow you to tell your story and seek justice against one or multiple parties for the wrongdoing committed against you.
You may be able to file a claim not only against the perpetrator but an institution, as well. In many cases, institutions are culpable for sex crimes committed against children and other victims. For example, a school district may be guilty of sweeping sexual abuse claims involving a teacher under the rug. Naming an institution in your lawsuit can hold everyone who played a role in this crime accountable.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one is a victim of sexual assault in the Palm Springs or Palm Desert area of Southern California, we can help you bring a civil lawsuit for the atrocities committed against you. Manly, Stewart & Finaldi is one of the most well-known sexual abuse and assault law firms in the country. We’ve earned this reputation after years of securing record-setting results for our clients. Speak to a lawyer about your case today during a free and confidential sexual assault case review. Call (800) 700-8450.