Orange County Workplace Sexual Abuse Lawyer
No employee should have to anticipate sexual abuse in the workplace. However, workers in California experience sexual abuse in the form of assault, harassment and discrimination from employers, coworkers and customers. Workplace sexual abuse can cause significant physical and emotional harm, as well as financial losses in lost wages.
If you or someone close to you has been the victim of workplace harassment, assault or harm, contact an Orange County workplace sexual abuse attorney at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi. Call (949) 252-9990 for a free and strictly confidential consultation.
Why Choose Our Lawyers?
- Our team of attorneys are passionate about their work and understand why it is hard for victims of workplace sex abuse to come forward. We handle each case within the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Our firm is not afraid to stand up to major institutions or conglomerates in Southern California, including entertainment moguls. We have experience winning claims against Fortune 500 companies and other large and powerful defendants.
- Our award-winning attorneys know how to maximize the odds of a client obtaining a fair and just settlement award or jury verdict. We have used proven legal strategies and an aggressive stance to obtain over $2 billion for clients.
What an Attorney Can Do for You
An Orange County workplace sex abuse lawyer can give you a stronger voice during a civil claim against a perpetrator and/or institution. Rather than dealing with an imbalance of power, you can even the scales by retaining a legal representative. Your Orange County sexual abuse attorney will have experience negotiating against other lawyers as well as insurance companies. An attorney can handle your case while you try to heal.
- Identify fault
- Name defendants
- Evaluate damages honestly and accurately
- Complete complex paperwork
- File your claim before the deadline
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Go to court in pursuit of a just award
Most personal injury cases settle successfully without going to trial. If you do not have legal experience, however, you may not understand your rights or how the claims process works. With a lawyer’s assistance, on the other hand, you will increase the odds of receiving a fair settlement. Otherwise, your lawyer will be able to take your claim to court in Orange County.
What Is Workplace Sexual Abuse?
Sexual abuse can refer to any unwanted sexual touching, sexual advances, threats, coercion, harassment or discrimination at work. It can also refer to crimes such as rape, sexual molestation, groping and stalking. Any inappropriate or nonconsensual sexual activity in the workplace could qualify as sexual abuse.
The lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi represent clients who have suffered workplace sexual assault and its aftereffects, including both physical and emotional trauma. If you experienced any type of sexual harassment or abuse at a workplace in Orange County, please come to us for assistance. We can review your case and help you name any potential defendants.
Who Is Liable?
In most workplace sexual abuse claims, the victim’s employer is a defendant due to the rule of vicarious liability. Vicarious liability holds an employer responsible for the actions and misconduct of its on-duty workers. If a supervisor or coworker abused you while at work, therefore, your employer could be vicariously liable. Your employer may also be liable if it failed to reasonably protect you from sexual abuse, such as through negligent protocols or procedures.
Contact an O.C. Workplace Sexual Abuse Attorney Today
Workplace sexual abuse can disrupt your life in drastic ways. You might not only have to resign from your job, but you could also suffer long-lasting physical and emotional damages. At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we have years of experience posing claims against large companies and corporations in California. Our lawyers believe sexual abuse victims deserve justice and closure, at the very least. We accept workplace sexual abuse lawsuits in Orange County to help deliver these things. If you believe you have a case, contact us to ask for a free consultation.