Orange County Elder Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Elder sexual abuse is a crime the attorneys at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi aim to shed more light on in Orange County. Our elder sexual abuse lawyers work day and night to bring sexual abusers around the country to justice. We work for victims of elder sexual abuse and their families, filing claims on their behalf for economic and noneconomic damages.
If you or someone you love has experienced elder sexual abuse in Orange County, California, please contact our law firm. Request a free and private consultation at (949) 252-9990.
Why Clients Choose Us
- We have decades of experience and positive case results.
- We have won over $2 billion in settlements and verdicts.
- We always put clients and their welfare first, protecting privacy and confidentiality.
- We are California’s leading law firm for sexual abuse and assault cases.
- We are never afraid to fight institutions, including nursing homes, hospitals and long-term living facilities.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
Hiring an attorney to represent you could change your elder sexual abuse case. A lawyer will not allow any important evidence to fall through the cracks. A lawyer can also hire the right experts and other outside professionals to support your case. During settlement negotiations or an injury trial, a lawyer will not permit the other side to take advantage of you or offer less than the true value of your case. Most importantly, a compassionate Orange County sexual abuse lawyer from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can be there for you and your family during this difficult time. You are not in this alone.
Types of Elder Abuse
Sexual elder abuse can affect a victim’s physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Sexual abuse is not the only risk the elderly face, however. You or a loved one may have suffered from other forms of abuse in addition to sexual assault at a nursing home or care facility.
- Physical. Physical elder abuse is the intentional harming of a senior citizen. Physical abuse can refer to striking, punching, kicking, unnecessarily restraining, injuring or burning a victim.
- Mental. An elderly person could suffer mental abuse from a perpetrator who berates, insults, humiliates, isolates, neglects, intimidates, threatens or punishes the victim. The effects of mental abuse can include depression, mood changes and anxiety.
- Financial. Elder financial abuse or exploitation takes advantage of a senior to steal from him or her. Financial abuse often arises with other types of abuse, such as physical or sexual.
Elders may also face serious neglect as a form of abuse. Neglect can lead to adverse health outcomes such as bedsores, infections, mental health declines, malnutrition, dehydration and personal injuries. In addition to abuse, elder neglect is also a tort that may make the victim or his or her family members eligible for financial recovery.
Do You Have a Case?
Elder sexual abuse is a crime. It is also, however, a civil wrongdoing. This often gives victims the right to file civil claims for compensation in California. Most civil claims are built on the foundation of negligence. Negligence is the failure to fulfill the standard of care, typically resulting in harm to another person.
If you or your attorney can prove a party’s negligence, such as a nursing home or long-term living facility, that party may owe you a financial award for damages. These damages may include physical pain and suffering, emotional harm, medical expenses, legal costs, lost quality of life, wrongful death damages and punitive damages.
Request a Free Consultation Today
Find out whether you have a case during a free, confidential consultation with an attorney from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi in Orange County. We have a tremendous amount of experience handling sexual abuse cases throughout California and can review your case at no risk or obligation. If we do believe you have a case, we may be able to help you fight for fair compensation through an insurance settlement or personal injury lawsuit. Call (949) 252-9990 today.