Orange County Clergy Sexual Abuse Attorneys
Clergy sexual abuse is an unthinkable crime no victim should have to endure. Parents often trust their religious institutions to take good care of their children. When a priest, deacon or another member of the clergy violates this trust by committing sexual abuse, the victim can suffer lasting damages.
If you or a loved one has experienced Orange County clergy sexual abuse, contact the lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi for assistance. We can help you bring a church or another institution to justice for its role in contributing to the crime. Our plaintiff’s attorneys want to help you fight for fair compensation. Call (949) 252-9990 now.
Why Choose Manly, Stewart & Finaldi?
- We have represented more than 150 victims of clergy sexual abuse in California alone.
- We are a leading law firm in the country with aggressive California sexual abuse lawyers.
- We have obtained over $2 billion in results for past sexual abuse clients.
- We are not afraid to go up against major religious institutions and Orange County clergies.
- We will put you first in all that we do, including protecting your privacy.
Could You Benefit From a Clergy Abuse Attorney?
As a clergy sexual abuse victim, you deserve to tell your story. You have the right to speak out against sexual misconduct by priests and other members of the church in the California civil courts. While city prosecutors will handle any criminal charges, it is up to you to pursue civil damages with help from a lawyer.
- Determining the appropriate defendant(s) involved in your case, including an individual perpetrator and/or a religious institution.
- Filing your civil claim against the appropriate defendant(s) within California’s statute of limitations.
- Evaluating your clergy sexual abuse case and estimating an accurate value to use for fair settlement negotiations.
- Taking your civil claim to court in Orange County if the defendant refuses to offer a reasonable settlement amount.
An attorney from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can give you a voice in the courts – even if you wish your identity to remain confidential. We can express your wishes and fight for a positive case outcome on your behalf. Our main goal is to bring you peace of mind.
What Damages Are Available?
One of the main goals of a civil sexual abuse lawsuit is to grant the survivor financial compensation for his or her damages. The potential value of the claim will depend on the situation. Although each sexual abuse lawsuit is unique, the civil courts in California will allow all plaintiffs to seek damages from the same three categories.
- Economic. Economic damages in a clergy sexual abuse case may include medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, legal fees, court costs, travel expenses and lost wages. A case does not have to involve economic damages for the courts to hear it in California.
- Noneconomic. Noneconomic damages are important in clergy sexual abuse claims. Many claims seek only these damages. Noneconomic damages include physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, psychological damage, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and lost enjoyment of life.
- Punitive. Punitive damages are more common in cases involving gross negligence or malicious intent to harm, such as many sexual abuse cases. Punitive awards punish the defendant by forcing him or her to pay more than just compensatory damages to the plaintiff.
A consultation with a lawyer from our firm will give you an estimate of the potential value of your clergy sexual abuse claim. Our past case results illustrate our ability to obtain sizable settlements and verdicts for victims, including $660 million in a global settlement of 508 sexual abuse cases against the defendant Roman Catholic Bishop.
Talk to an O.C. Clergy Sexual Abuse Attorney Now!
Manly, Stewart & Finaldi has what it takes to strengthen your claim to damages after clergy sexual abuse in Orange County. We will stand by your side during every phase of the legal process. Contact us today for a free confidential consultation.