Oakland Doctor Sexual Misconduct Lawyer
When you visit a doctor in Oakland, you expect him or her to uphold the legal and ethical standards of care within the medical industry. Unfortunately, some medical providers commit outrageous acts of misconduct by sexually assaulting their patients. If you or a loved one is a victim of doctor sexual misconduct, contact Manly, Stewart & Finaldi to request a free case consultation. We are dedicated sexual assault attorneys in Oakland who will help you safeguard your rights as a survivor.
How We Can Help
We are highly experienced and reputable sexual abuse plaintiff’s attorneys, ranked as one of the top law firms in the nation in this area of law. As your lawyers, we will conduct a comprehensive investigation into your doctor sexual misconduct case. Then, we will use our connections to qualified experts and other resources to build a strong claim.
Our lawyers will handle the legal legwork of your case for you while keeping your identity confidential, if desired. We have the power to take your case to court, if necessary; however, we resolve most sexual assault cases with settlements. We will be there for you through every stage of this difficult and emotional process.
Did a Doctor Sexually Assault or Abuse You in Oakland?
Licensed medical practitioners must use a specific level of care when treating patients. They must honor a patient’s rights and respect the patient’s privacy, as well as uphold hospital protocols and sanctions. Breaking any of these rules to take advantage of a patient for the purpose of sexual arousal, gratification or pleasure is the crime of sexual abuse. Examples of doctor sexual misconduct include:
- Requiring a patient to disrobe in front of the doctor.
- Making sexually suggestive or inappropriate comments.
- Touching a patient’s private parts in an inappropriate way.
- Committing acts against a patient that are sexual in nature.
- Sexually abusing a patient under the guise of medical care.
- Sexually harassing a patient.
- Sexual abuse of a child patient.
- Taking inappropriate photographs of the patient.
- Inserting an ungloved finger into the vagina or anus of a patient.
- Mimicking sexual acts with medical objects.
- Raping or sexually assaulting a patient.
- Raping a patient while he or she is drugged, incapacitated or unconscious.
If your doctor, surgeon, dentist or another health care provider committed a sex crime against you, discuss the incident with our attorneys. We will listen to you, believe you, and offer assistance during the next steps forward – bringing a lawsuit against the physician and/or health care center in Oakland. Filing a lawsuit can deliver the justice, closure, mental peace and financial compensation that you deserve.
Compensation Available for Doctor Sexual Misconduct in California
No amount of money can reverse the psychological harm and detriment to your life that has been inflicted by doctor sexual misconduct. Coming forward with a lawsuit, however, can lead to a monetary award to help you pay for your related losses and expenses. A settlement or judgment award could pay for:
- All necessary past and future medical care
- Psychiatric treatments and therapies
- Medications, such as antidepressants
- Travel expenses and accommodations
- Legal fees, including attorney’s fees and filing costs
- Lost wages from having to take time off of work
- Physical pain and suffering that you endured
- Psychological trauma, mental anguish and emotional distress
- Lost quality or enjoyment of life
- The wrongful death of a loved one, such as via suicide
Victims of doctor sexual misconduct often experience post-traumatic stress disorder, fear or anxiety about seeing other doctors, feelings of guilt or shame, low self-esteem, and suicidal tendencies. Filing a lawsuit can provide a measure of justice by holding the perpetrator accountable and compensating you for these life-changing effects.
Contact Our Oakland Doctor Sexual Misconduct Lawyers Today
If you have been victimized by a doctor or another type of medical provider in Oakland due to sexual misconduct, contact Manly, Stewart & Finaldi for legal assistance. Our experienced Oakland sexual abuse lawyers will explain your legal rights and guide you through each step of the legal process. Our goal is to empower our clients and help them get their lives back. Call (800) 700-8450 today to request your free and confidential case review.