Los Angeles Rideshare Sexual Abuse Attorney
Catching an Uber or Lyft has become one of the most popular ways to get around Los Angeles. For many victims, however, hailing a rideshare vehicle ends in tragedy. Rideshare incident data reports 374 sexual assaults and harassments involving Uber and Lyft vehicles from 2015 to 2018. Sexual abuse from drivers and fellow passengers could cause a victim substantial physical and emotional harm.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, our lawyers serve victims of rideshare sexual abuse in Los Angeles and LA County. Our goal is to optimize the chances of a victim holding an at-fault party accountable and obtaining fair compensation. Request a free consultation today at (949) 252-9990.
Why We Are Right for You
- We are not afraid to stand up to major companies such as Uber or Lyft. Part of our mission as a plaintiff’s firm is to push for institutional changes within industries such as rideshare and transportation.
- We are one of the country’s leading law firms for civil sexual assault and abuse cases. Our plaintiff’s attorneys have spent decades honing their crafts. Our founder, John C. Manly, has represented sexual assault victims for more than 20 years.
- We are passionate about protecting victims’ rights. Our lawyers do not give up. We work hard to obtain justice for victims of sexual assault during rideshare trips and in other situations. Our dedication has obtained more than $2 billion for clients.
When to Call a Los Angeles Rideshare Assault Attorney
As a rideshare passenger, you have the right to expect a certain standard of care from the company, driver and fellow passengers. This standard of care includes freedom from violent and sexual crimes. Assault, battery, sexual assault, rape, molestation, harassment or another type of crime during a ride or shortly after could be grounds for a criminal and civil case.
Call our Los Angeles rideshare sexual assault attorneys when you are ready to seek justice and financial relief from the at-fault party or parties. The driver, a passenger, another perpetrator and/or the rideshare company could owe you recovery for your damages. An attorney from our firm can walk you through the legal process from the beginning. We will protect your identity by keeping it private 100% of the time if desired.
Is the Company Liable?
Uber and Lyft are no strangers to sexual abuse claims in California. Several survivors have brought lawsuits against both companies in pursuit of damages following alleged rape and sexual assault crimes. A rideshare company could be at least partially liable for the incident if it reasonably should have done more to prevent it, such as do a better job at vetting driver applicants. A rideshare company must take responsibility for the safety and effectiveness of its procedures.
- Driver hiring and training policies
- Vehicle inspections
- Ride safety evaluations
- Driver and passenger rating systems
- Protocols in emergencies
- Sexual assault reporting and investigation
- Driver evaluations after complaints
The failure to fulfill any of a rideshare company’s duties of care, contributing to sexual abuse, could be grounds to file a civil lawsuit against the company for negligence. Our attorneys have plenty of experience negotiating settlements and representing clients in court against conglomerates such as Uber and Lyft. We have what it takes to build a strong case on your behalf.
Request a Free and Confidential Consultation
Sexual abuse is something we take extremely seriously at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi. When a prospective client contacts us for assistance, we carefully protect his or her identity. Initial consultations are completely confidential. Should we choose to accept your case, you have the option of keeping your identity private throughout your case. It is our mission to help survivors like you get the peace of mind they deserve while encouraging others to come forward as well. A successful lawsuit could help you obtain justice and closure. Start with a free consultation at our local Los Angeles law firm. Contact us today.