Los Angeles Foster Care Abuse Lawyer
The foster care system does a great deal of good for thousands of children in America. Unfortunately, it is also a somewhat broken system – leaving cracks through which foster kids often fall. One of the greatest tragedies within the foster care system is the presence of sexual abuse. Unfit foster families can put children at serious risk of physical and emotional harm.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, our Los Angeles foster care abuse attorneys give voices to the most vulnerable population: foster children. If you or someone you love has been a victim of sexual abuse in the California foster care system, contact us for a free and confidential consultation. We can keep your identity private for the duration of your case if you wish.
Why Choose Our Foster Care Abuse Lawyers?
- We are not afraid to advocate for our clients against major institutions. We have gone up against rich and powerful institutions and won.
- We fight for your rights using personalized legal strategies. Our lawyers take the time to get to know each client and case in detail.
- We are a leading sexual abuse law firm in the nation. Our attorneys have obtained more than $2 billion in settlements and verdicts for clients.
- We are an award-winning team with a lead lawyer who has over 20 years of experience representing sexual abuse victims.
Why Hire a Foster Care Sex Abuse Lawyer?
Foster care abuse cases involve delicate and difficult legal matters. Unique statutes of limitations, privacy concerns and biases could all surround your case. A foster abuse case may also involve a major institution. Our team of legal professionals has everything you need to feel confident and comfortable for the duration of the legal process.
- Multiple lawyers with experience handling sex abuse cases
- The resources of a large law firm
- The funds to hire experts and key witnesses
- Direct attention from your personal attorney
- Passionate, aggressive legal representation for survivors
Your Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyer can take care of keeping your identity confidential, building a comprehensive case against the perpetrator, assessing your damages, hiring the services of other professionals, filing paperwork, entering into negotiations with the defendant(s) and more while you focus on your personal recovery.
Who Is Liable?
A Los Angeles foster care abuse lawyer from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can investigate your foster care sexual abuse case and help you identify the at-fault party or parties. The at-fault party could be any entity that contributed to you or a loved one becoming the victim of foster care sexual abuse. The institution overseeing foster care could be legally responsible if it was guilty of some form of negligence or carelessness that contributed to the act.
- Lack of proper supervision
- Overworked or negligent social workers
- Gross negligence or intent to harm
- Improper foster home monitoring
- Ignored complaints
- Ignored evidence of abuse
- Falsified reports
- Systemic problems
In many foster care abuse cases, the institution can be liable for victimized children. The defendant in a Los Angeles foster care abuse case, for example, could be the government entity responsible for the safety of the foster system (e.g. the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services). It could also be a private foster care facility. Our attorneys can determine the defendant in your case.
Speak with a Foster Care Abuse Attorney in L.A.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we stand up for the rights of foster care abuse survivors in Los Angeles. Our firm has built a name for itself through years of hard work and exceptional case results. The Los Angeles Daily Journal named our founder and managing partner, John C. Manly, one of California’s Top 100 Attorneys. If you wish to work with attorneys who are committed to helping people like you obtain compensation and peace of mind, contact us to start with a consultation. Call (949) 252-9990 to reach our California office for a confidential meeting.