Irvine School District Sexual Abuse
If you or someone you love has experienced any form of sexual assault, abuse or harassment at a school within the Irvine Unified School District, contact the attorneys at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi for assistance right away. You may be entitled to financial compensation by holding the school district accountable. Our California sexual abuse attorneys are some of the top attorneys in the nation in their field. We have gone up against multiple school districts in California and achieved life-changing results on behalf of our clients. Find out how we can help you today.
Why You Can Trust Our Sexual Abuse Attorneys With Your Case
- Our lead attorney, John C. Manly, has more than 25 years of experience representing sexual assault and abuse survivors in California and beyond.
- Our attorneys have achieved some of the highest settlements against school districts in history for sexual abuse and assault lawsuits.
- We care about you and your safety. We can keep your identity and the details of your case completely confidential during litigation, if desired.
- You can speak to one of our lawyers for free and at no obligation to hire us during a private initial case evaluation at our local law firm.
What Is School District Sexual Abuse?
School sexual abuse is a crime that can refer to any type of sexual contact with a student at a school, often perpetrated by a teacher, coach or another school employee. School sexual abuse can also refer to student-against-student sexual abuse, such as an older student sexually assaulting or abusing a younger child on school grounds. Examples of sexual abuse and assault include:
- Invasions of privacy or personal space
- Inappropriate touching of any kind
- Fondling or groping
- Kissing or forced physical contact
- Exposure of sexual organs to a minor
- Performing sexual acts in front of a child
- Forcing a child to change or undress
- Exposing a child to pornography
- Child pornography
- Child molestation
- Rape or attempted rape
- Statutory rape
School district sexual abuse refers to a civil lawsuit against a school district for incidents of sexual abuse, assault, harassment or misconduct by school employees, as well as for the district’s own failure to act appropriately. School districts in California have a legal obligation to protect their students. Negligently failing to do so can result in the district being held legally and financially responsible (liable) for sexual abuse.
Examples of School District Negligence
Negligence in personal injury law refers to a failure to meet the expected degree of care, resulting in injury or harm to another person or party. Many school sexual abuse and assault cases name the school district as a defendant for the neglect to prevent abuse or properly respond to allegations.
If the Irvine Unified School District reasonably should have done more to protect its students, such as report suspicious behavior to the authorities or terminate a teacher’s employment after finding evidence of unprofessional or criminal behaviors, the school district could bear liability for a student’s related harm.
Examples of school district negligence include failing to implement regulations to identify and prevent sexual abuse, ignoring complaints against teachers, allowing coaches or teachers unsupervised access to students, and transferring a teacher or student to a different class rather than terminating the teacher’s employment. These negligent acts can allow a pattern of sexual abuse or assault to continue, sometimes over decades by the same teacher.
Speak to an Attorney About Your Situation Today | Free Case Review
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we understand how difficult it can be to come forward with your story of school district sexual abuse in Irvine. Yet we have also seen first-hand how legal action can bring sexual abuse survivors the justice and closure that they need to move forward. If you are a survivor of sexual abuse in the Irvine Unified School District, we encourage you to contact us immediately for a free consultation. We are here to listen to your story, and we believe you. Call (855) 944-0710 today.