Bakersfield Child Sexual Abuse Attorney
If you or a loved one is a survivor of child sexual abuse in Bakersfield, you can help yourself and others by coming forward with your story. The lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can help you bring a civil lawsuit while protecting your well-being as our client. We can keep your identity anonymous during your case, if desired. Our sexual assault and abuse lawyers have decades of legal experience exclusively in this practice area. We know how to help survivors achieve justice and maximum financial compensation for the grave wrongdoings committed against them.
Why Choose Our Attorneys for Your Case?
- Our founder and firm partner, Attorney John C. Manly, has brought together a team of exceptional litigators who are capable of handling any child sexual abuse case, big or small.
- We have successfully secured over $2 billion in settlement and judgment awards for our clients over the years. We aren’t afraid of taking a case to trial when necessary.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis for all child sexual abuse cases in Bakersfield. This means you won’t owe us a cent unless your case results in financial compensation.
Signs of Child Sexual Abuse
A child who has been sexually abused is unlikely to come forward. There are many reasons for this, from the repression of traumatic memories to fear of not being believed. It is often up to a child’s parents or guardians to detect potential signs of sexual abuse and report it to the authorities. While every survivor is unique, common warning signs of child sexual abuse include:
- Fear, distress or anxiety, especially around a certain person
- Nightmares, flashbacks or bed-wetting
- Knowing new words for private parts
- Inappropriate sexual “play” with other children
- Physical injuries, especially around the genitalia
- Sudden outbursts or signs of aggression
- Changes in eating or sleeping patterns
- Dropping clues during discussions
- Low self-esteem or suicidal behaviors
The signs of sexual abuse will change based on the age of the child, as well as the severity of the abuse and other factors. In adolescents, for example, drug and alcohol abuse and sexual promiscuity are common. In a younger child, regression to behaviors from an earlier age can signify sexual trauma. If you suspect that your child has suffered sexual abuse, talk with him or her openly about the issue. Let your child know that he or she is safe and not in trouble. Then, get help.
Your Rights in the Face of Child Sexual Abuse in Bakersfield
Report child sexual abuse to authorities in Bakersfield immediately. It is up to you whether to press charges, but if so, take your child to a doctor within a few days of the crime for a sexual assault forensic exam. Get your child the help that he or she needs to cope with this extreme trauma in the form of a therapist or psychiatrist. Then, discuss filing a civil lawsuit against the abuser and/or the institution that failed to keep your child safe – such as a school or church – with a lawyer.
Our attorneys have successfully gone up against many different entities on behalf of child sexual abuse survivors in California, including school districts, Catholic churches and other dioceses, sports programs, the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, daycare centers, and the government. Our lawyers are committed to instituting change that will protect the safety of future children. We have the resources, personnel and passion for justice to handle your case from start to finish.
Discuss Your Lawsuit for Free During a Confidential Case Review
You do not have to go through this traumatic ordeal alone. The attorneys at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi will guide you through each phase of the legal process while making sure your needs are met and your voice is heard. Contact us today to request a free private case review in Bakersfield. Call (800) 700-8450.