Sexual Assault at the U.S. Border
Sexual assault at the U.S. border is a terrible crime that victimizes thousands of immigrants – especially women and young girls – every year. Yet it is not often talked about. The kidnapping, sexual assault, sexual abuse and rape of undocumented immigrants as they attempt to cross the U.S.-Mexico border goes widely unreported, uninvestigated and unprosecuted.
Undocumented immigrants have been called the most vulnerable people in the world. At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, our mission is to protect, support and advocate for victims of sexual assault that takes place at or near the U.S. border. We will believe you. Call (800) 700-8450 to speak to an attorney during a free, 100-percent confidential case evaluation in Southern California.
How We Can Help
Victims who suffer sex crimes while attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border often stay silent about their traumas. Many victims don’t come forward for fear of being detained or deported by Immigration Services, fear of not being believed, the possibility of retaliation from the abuser, or an assumption that there is no justice to be had for undocumented immigrants.
The lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi are here to offer assistance, legal advice and exceptional representation to victims of sexual assault at the U.S. border. As your team of attorneys, we can take care of many legal tasks on your behalf, such as:
- Investigating the sexual assault incident or sex crime.
- Obtaining sworn testimony or statements from witnesses.
- Gathering any evidence available from police investigations.
- Using arrest records and criminal convictions, if available.
- Using circumstantial evidence if there is little direct evidence available.
- Hiring qualified sexual assault experts to strengthen your case.
- Aggressively representing you in and out of the courtroom.
We realize that you may feel powerless as a victim of sexual assault or violence at the U.S. border, especially if you are undocumented. Yet you have legal rights and options just like any other sexual abuse survivor. We will help you defend these rights and demand justice for the life-changing experience that you endured at the border.
Types of Sexual Assault at the U.S. Border
Immigrants attempting to come to the U.S. are often desperate for help. They may have no choice but to rely on others for assistance, such as paying smuggling guides. Their English may be limited, as are their defenses. Sadly, this makes them highly vulnerable and easy targets for sex offenders and criminals. Sexual violence and assault at the U.S. border can take many forms, including:
- Quid pro quo (“this for that”) sexual harassment or assault
- Solicitation for prostitution or coercion into prostitution
- Sexual assault and rape of immigrants using drugs or alcohol
- Sexual assault of individuals in U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) custody
- Sexual assault or rape by a CBP officer or Border Patrol agent
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) guard sexual assault
- Sexual assault while in a holding facility or while during transport or processing
- Sexual assault or abuse during searches or seizures
- Immigration detention facility sexual abuse
- Child sexual abuse at detention camps
- Child sex trafficking at the border
- Sexual assault by criminals, gang members and dangerous migrants at the border
Whether your perpetrator was another immigrant, a criminal, someone you paid to help you cross, or an official working for U.S. Immigration Services or the government, you have rights as a sexual assault survivor. Our lawyers will listen to your story and provide everything you need to move forward from the wrongful acts committed against you. We can keep your identity anonymous throughout your case if desired.
Contact Us Today | Free Case Consultations With a Lawyer Near You
Sexual harassment, discrimination, abuse, assault, misconduct and violence are frequently encountered by those attempting to cross the U.S. border. No one, documented or undocumented, deserves to be treated as less than human. Manly, Stewart & Finaldi’s sexual assault lawyers can provide compassionate legal representation to bring perpetrators and the institutions that protect abusers to justice. Please call (800) 700-8450 or contact us through our secure online form today to request your free U.S. border sexual assault case review. We are here for you.