Sexual Assault at Stanford
If you suffered a sexual assault while you were at Stanford, you have legal rights as a survivor. Whether the assault occurred this year or many years ago, the lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can help you take legal action. With over 25 years of experience representing clients and $2 billion in monetary recoveries for past clients, we have what it takes to handle your sexual assault case. Find out how we can help you today during a free case consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- Our law firm is nationally recognized for representing sexual abuse and assault survivors. We exclusively handle sexual abuse cases, giving us in-depth knowledge in this practice area.
- We aren’t afraid of going up against powerful defendants in and out of court, including colleges and universities such as Stanford.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis for all sexual assault and abuse claims. This means you won’t pay us anything upfront – you will only pay if you win your case.
Who Is Responsible for Student Sexual Assault at Stanford?
Sexual assault is something that should never occur to a student at Stanford. Like all colleges, Stanford has policies in place that are meant to prevent sexual assault, harassment and misconduct. Yet reports of rape, unwanted touching or groping, sexual violence, and other forms of sexual assault are filed by students each year. The university can be held legally responsible, or liable, for many shortcomings connected to a case of sexual assault or violence on campus, including:
- Poor staff member hiring procedures or a lack of background checks
- No sexual assault and harassment training
- Concealing sexual assault complaints
- Protecting staff members who were accused of sexual misconduct
- Lack of student supervision in dorm rooms
- Failing to prevent dangerous hazing rituals
- No anti-bullying or anti-harassment policies
- Lack of internet and social media safety
- Unclear sexual assault reporting guidelines
Stanford can also be held liable for the actions and misbehaviors of its staff. This includes professors, administrators, coaches, medics and other staff members. If a member of the staff at Stanford sexually assaulted you, bringing a claim against the university in addition to the perpetrator can maximize your financial recovery. A lawsuit can also implement changes on an institutional level at Stanford to better protect future students.
What Types of Compensation Are Available With a Sexual Assault Claim?
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we recognize that no amount of money can ever make up for a traumatizing crime such as sexual assault. However, we also believe that coming forward and seeking justice against those who put you in this position can help you gain closure and move forward. We are passionate about bringing perpetrators and the institutions that allow sexual abuse to take place to justice. With our assistance, you can fight for the answers and financial compensation that you deserve.
A successful sexual assault settlement or judgment award in California could pay for many of your past and future related losses, such as all necessary medical care, mental health treatments, therapies, medications, lost wages, legal fees, out-of-pocket costs, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and psychological trauma. If your loved one took his or her life because of sexual assault that occurred at Stanford, your family may also be eligible for wrongful death damages.
Contact Us Today | Free Sexual Assault Case Reviews in Stanford
You don’t have to face the future alone as a victim of sexual assault at Stanford University. Our lawyers will guide you through the legal process while making sure that you have everything you need to get through this difficult time. We care about our clients and always put their needs and goals first. We can keep your identity private throughout your case if desired.
Justice starts here. Contact us online using our secure contact form or call (800) 700-8450 to speak to an attorney about your sexual assault case today.