School Sexual Abuse Lawyer San Ramon Valley Unified School District
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we focus exclusively on bringing sexual abuse and assault civil lawsuits on behalf of survivors. Our attorneys have years of practice area experience and care deeply about pursuing justice for clients. If you wish to go up against the San Ramon Valley Unified School District or another defendant in pursuit of compensation for the damages you suffered because of student sexual abuse, we can help. Please contact us today for counsel about your case in California.
Why Choose Manly, Stewart & Finaldi?
- We have extensive experience in school sexual abuse law, including bringing many cases against public school districts.
- We are not afraid to take sexual abuse and assault claims to court, if necessary, for the best results for our clients.
- We have used our abilities to obtain more than $2 billion in settlements and verdicts for our past clients.
- We have represented over 100 clients in school sexual abuse lawsuits in California. We accept both minor and major claims.
As a survivor of school sexual abuse in San Ramon Valley Unified, you suffered unimaginable harm. You deserve justice and peace after such a traumatic experience. At our law firm, we exclusively handle these cases because they are what we are most passionate about. We are dedicated to furthering the laws regarding sexual abuse and assault in California. However, we also wish to help clients attain financial security through positive case outcomes.
- Compensatory damages. You could receive compensation for your economic and noneconomic losses, such as physical pain and suffering, emotional anguish, trauma, medical bills, lost wages and attorney’s fees.
- Punitive damages. A judge in California may also order the school district to provide additional compensation out of pocket as a form of punishment for particularly gross negligence or heinous acts.
A successful lawsuit against a public school district could result in enough financial relief to help you and your family move forward with a brighter outlook for the future. It could also bring you much-needed closure after what might have been years of living with your trauma. Let our attorneys help you obtain the results you deserve.
Historically, California Treated Civil Lawsuits Against Public Schools Differently Than the Same Lawsuits Against Private Parties
In the past, California forced sexual assault survivors with claims against public schools to jump through hoops that other claimants did not have to when bringing the same lawsuits against private entities. Public school claims fell under the jurisdiction of the Government Tort Claims Act, with a tight 6- to 12-month deadline for claimants. In 2008, a law passed that amended the requirement, but not for every claimant. The deadline only went away for claimants with incidents of abuse occurring after December 31st, 2008.
It was not until the passing of Assembly Bill 218 in 2019 that California lawmakers amended the requirement for abuse claims against public schools for people with cases occurring before January 1st, 2009. Today, AB-218 allows survivors of student sexual assault in public schools to bring their claims by the time they are 40, in most cases. It is important to request immediate counsel from an attorney once you decide to bring a claim against San Ramon Valley Unified.
Contact Us Today
It is typically in a person’s best interests to at least discuss a potential lawsuit for school sexual abuse with an attorney before making any decisions. At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we offer 100% free initial consultations so you do not have to worry about any financial risks when asking a lawyer your questions. You can receive honest, dependable answers from Attorney John C. Manly or one of our other experienced attorneys without any personal risks. If you think you may have a case against the San Ramon Valley Unified School District or another defendant for childhood sexual abuse, please contact us right away.