School Sexual Abuse Lawyer Fresno Unified School District
You do not have to let school sexual abuse define you as a survivor. With help from the attorneys at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, you can regain control of your life by holding the parties who put you in this position accountable. Our lawyers have years of experience going up against teachers, administrators, schools and school districts in California on behalf of childhood sexual assault survivors. We may be able to help you, too. Contact an attorney today from our firm for a confidential consultation.
What Makes Us Unique?
- Our lead attorney has committed his professional life toward fighting sexual abuse and assault. He has more than 25 years of experience taking cases in this practice area.
- Our law firm’s main goal is always to achieve the best case results possible for clients, but we also set our sights higher – on invoking real change on an institutional level to prevent future cases of school sexual abuse.
- Our lawyers are never afraid of taking sexual abuse cases to trial in California, even against powerful institutions such as the Fresno Unified School District, which contains 126 schools and looks after thousands of students.
Do You Need a Lawyer?
If you attempt to litigate your school sexual abuse case alone, you could expose yourself to risks such as missing critical filing deadlines or accepting a too-low settlement offer from Fresno Unified’s insurance provider. Hiring an attorney from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, on the other hand, could enable you to protect your rights and feel confident in your ability to go up against the defendant(s) in your case. Our lawyers can handle many different legal processes on your behalf, such as bringing your claim promptly and demanding a fair amount of compensation from the school district.
Definition of Sexual Abuse
Prohibited sexual abuse, assault or harassment can decribe any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature. In a school setting, it can refer to any sexual acts between a teacher or another employee of the school and a student, even if the act was consensual.
- Kissing, hugging or other inappropriate touching
- Invading a student’s personal space
- Requesting sexual favors from the student
- Threatening to fail the student if he or she does not comply
- Sexually coercing or exploiting the student
- Sexually harassing or discriminating against the student
- Molesting or raping the student
School sexual abuse in the Fresno Unified School District could be physical or nonphysical acts that create a hostile educational environment, negatively impact the student’s academic performance or otherwise harm the student. If you believe you have a case, report it to authorities immediately.
What the New Law in California Could Mean if You Are a Sexual Assault Survivor in the Fresno Unified School District
If you attended a public school in Fresno Unified, a previous law may have placed a strict time limit on your right file. Historically, California childhood sexual assault survivors only had 6 to 12 months to bring their claims against public school districts if their abuse occurred before January 1st, 2009. Recognizing the unfairness of this law for abuse survivors, lawmakers passed AB-218 in 2019 to amend the existing law. After the enactment of AB-218, survivors of student sexual assault in public schools from prior to January 1st, 2009 may now bring damage claims against districts without the tight deadline. It is still important, however, to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Speak to an Attorney Today
If you believe you have a school sexual assault claim against the Fresno Unified School District, please contact the lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi as soon as you can. Our attorneys can review your case, listen to your story and keep your identity confidential. If we accept your claim, we can help you bring a lawsuit against the school district and/or other parties in pursuit of fair compensation. Find out what your case could be worth today during a free consultation. Schedule yours at (800) 700-8450.