School Sexual Abuse Attorney Humboldt County
If you are a survivor of school sexual abuse, you should not have to handle your case alone. A school district in Humboldt County or another party could owe you compensation and a lawyer could help you procure it. The law firm of Manly, Stewart & Finaldi has years of experience helping clients like you obtain the justice they deserve.
We believe it is unacceptable for school districts in Humboldt County to negligently or intentionally allow student sexual abuse to occur at any of its 100 schools. Please contact us if you believe you have a case. We can help you get to the bottom of who may be liable.
Why Choose Us?
- Our lead attorney has spent more than 25 years defending the rights of sexual abuse and assault survivors.
- Our law firm has successfully attained more than $2 billion in case results for past clients, settling most cases without having to go to court.
- We have stood up to powerful institutions and conglomerates, including many public school districts in California.
- Our lawyers always take personal approaches to childhood sexual abuse claims, putting each client’s needs first.
When to Call an Attorney in California
School sexual abuse cases can get complicated quickly. They may involve laws under California’s Tort Claims Act, which applies to public entities such as school districts in Humboldt County. They may also involve multiple defendants, such as a school district and an individual perpetrator. A lawyer from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can help you navigate the complex aspects of your case while you focus on something more important, such as your emotional healing. You can enjoy peace of mind after you call our law firm for case representation.
How to Spot School Sexual Abuse
If you are seeking a lawyer’s advice because you believe your child is experiencing school sexual abuse in Humboldt County, know you are not alone in the fight against this heinous crime. Our attorneys work tirelessly to bring an end to childhood sexual abuse, especially at schools in our community. Part of what we do is spread awareness about child sexual abuse, including the signs that it could be happening.
- Physical injuries
- Depression, fear, guilt, shame or anxiety
- Fear or reluctance to go to school
- Regression, such as bedwetting or nightmares
- Sudden decline in academic performance
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
- Unusual knowledge of sexual acts
- Drawing pictures of sexual acts
- Sexually transmitted diseases or teen pregnancy
A child of any age could become a target for a sexual predator at a school in Humboldt County. Keep a careful eye on your child to watch for any possible signs of sexual abuse or assault. If you see anything suspicious, start a discussion with your child. Then, report your suspicions to the authorities.
A New State Law Changes Things for Public School Sexual Assault Survivors
A new law in California, Assembly Bill 218, took a major stride toward protecting survivors of childhood sexual abuse. AB-218 took away the strict 6- to 12-month statute of limitations that previously existed on childhood sexual abuse claims against public schools and districts. Survivors now have more time to come forward with their stories and claims. Although a law from 2008 had already amended the requirements for cases that occurred after January 1st, 2009, AB-218 extends the law to also include plaintiffs with incidents of abuse that occurred before January 1st, 2009.
Contact a Humboldt County Sexual Abuse Lawyer Today
Speaking to a lawyer about your potential case against a school district in Humboldt County could open your eyes to your rights and options moving forward. You may be eligible for financial compensation from the party or parties that caused the sexual abuse against you. Our attorneys can protect your identity every step of your case if desired. Start with a confidential consultation. Call (800) 700-8450 or contact us online today.