Santa Barbara County School Sexual Abuse Attorney
Dealing with the fallout of school sexual abuse is never easy. However, one of the best things you can do for yourself as a survivor of childhood sexual abuse at a public school in Santa Barbara County, California is to hire an attorney. The lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi have decades of experience handling civil claims in this practice area. We know exactly how to help clients and guide them carefully through the claims process against school districts for student sex abuse, from naming the correct defendant to settling a case successfully – all while protecting the client’s confidentiality. Speak to an attorney today about your rights at (800) 700-8450.
Why Clients Trust Manly, Stewart & Finaldi
- Our founder, Attorney John Manly, has more than 25 years of experience handling only sexual abuse and assault claims.
- Our law firm can keep your identity 100% confidential if desired, so you can have peace of mind.
- Our lawyers are committed not only to seeking justice for crimes committed against you but also to invoke change at an institutional level.
- Our law firm knows how to negotiate fair and full compensatory awards from defendants. We have obtained more than $2 billion for past clients.
- Our attorneys take a personal approach to sexual abuse claims, working closely with each client to identify his or her goals for the case before building a strategy.
How a Lawyer Can Help Your Case
After you retain an attorney from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, you can sit back and relax while experienced professionals handle your case for you. You and your family will not need to worry about actions such as bringing your claim by the deadline or negotiating with insurance claims adjusters for fair compensation. Your lawyer will perform these tasks and others on your behalf.
- Identifying the correct at-fault parties to hear your claim
- Evaluating your losses and demanding a fair amount of compensation
- Obeying all relevant rules and requirements for filing
- Strengthening your case against a school district
- Filling out all necessary paperwork
- Filing your claim with the correct courtroom in Santa Barbara County
- Standing up for your rights and best interests every step of the way
Our attorneys can complete these tasks and more, giving you the freedom to focus on more important things, such as your mental health and wellbeing. With a lawyer representing your best interests, no one will take advantage of you during the claims process. You can rest assured that someone is looking out for you at every turn.
Does the New Law Affect You as a Public School Sexual Assault Survivor?
California lawmakers recently passed Assembly Bill 218. Prior to the enactment of AB-218, childhood sexual abuse survivors had six months to one year to file government tort claims against public school districts. While a different law in 2008 eliminated this statute of limitations for survivors, it only applied to survivors with incidents occurring after January 1st, 2009. Today, however, AB-218 has eliminated the Government Tort Claims requirements for all childhood sexual assault survivors.
Under the language of AB-218, survivors with cases prior to January 1st, 2009 may now bring their claims for damages against public school districts for the harm they suffered without worrying about a strict 6- to 12-month deadline to file. Instead, longer statutes of limitations apply. It is still important, however, to expediently contact an attorney from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi to make sure you do not miss your deadline. Waiting too long is a common mistake survivors make that could jeopardize their eligibility for any compensation.
Call (800) 700-8450 for a Free Consultation
Our law firm offers free and confidential initial consultations so you can ask questions and receive honest, dependable answers without any risk. If you think you may have a claim against a school district in Santa Barbara County, please contact us so we can arrange a meeting with one of our lead attorneys. Your future begins now. Call (800) 700-8450 today to start your school sexual abuse lawsuit.