San Diego Child Sexual Abuse Attorney
If you or someone you love is a survivor of child sexual abuse in San Diego, California, you have the right to speak out and tell your story. Doing so can hold your abuser accountable, deliver justice and give you the closure you need to move on. You may also have the right to name an institution in your lawsuit, such as a diocese or school district, for contributing to your abuse.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we stand by child sexual abuse survivors in Southern California and throughout the country. Our lawyers will work relentlessly as your legal advocates to secure the case results and financial compensation that you deserve as a victim. Contact us to begin with a free and private case evaluation with one of our experienced lawyers.
Why Choose Us?
- Our law firm is the leading child sexual abuse and assault firm in the nation.
- Attorney John C. Manly and his powerful team of attorneys specialize in litigating sexual abuse cases.
- We know how to get real results for our child sexual abuse clients.
- Our lawyers will passionately advocate for maximum financial recovery on your behalf.
- We can take your case to trial in San Diego County, if necessary.
What Is Child Sexual Abuse?
California’s definition of child sexual abuse is to engage in or attempt to engage in any type of sexual activity with a child under the age of 18 years old. It can describe any touching of a child’s genitals, anus, groin, the breasts of a female or other intimate parts. Penetration, rape, statutory rape, sodomy, exhibitionism, child molestation, child pornography and sex trafficking are all examples of child sexual abuse. It can also refer to sexual activity with mutual consent, as a minor cannot lawfully give his or her consent to sex acts.
Types of Child Sexual Abuse Cases We Handle in San Diego, CA
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we have the ability to litigate many types of child sexual abuse cases in San Diego, including:
- Clergy sexual abuse
- School sexual abuse
- Doctor sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse in sports
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America sex abuse
- Foster care sexual abuse
- Sexual harassment and bullying
- Internet sex crimes
We have established ourselves as a law firm that stops at nothing to get justice for our clients. No matter what the circumstances of your childhood sexual abuse case, we can help.
Compensation for Child Sexual Abuse Victims
Bringing a civil lawsuit as a survivor of child sexual abuse in San Diego can come with many benefits, including the chance to face your abuser, hold a sex offender accountable, shed light on institutionalized abuse and get justice for this terrible crime. It can also result in financial compensation being awarded for many of your related losses, including:
- Past, present and future foreseeable medical costs
- Therapies, counseling and psychiatric care
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Emotional damage and mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and psychological harm
- Decreased enjoyment or quality of life
- Lost wages and earnings from being unable to work
- Financial harm and out-of-pocket costs
- Punitive damages to punish the defendant
We realize that no amount of money can ever make up for a crime as damaging as child sexual abuse. However, we hope that collecting maximum financial compensation for your economic and noneconomic damages can go a small way toward helping you cope.
Consult With a San Diego Child Sexual Abuse Lawyer Today | Free Consultations
With help from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, you can seek justice for child sexual abuse in a way that makes you feel safe, heard and protected. We will work closely with you to understand your goals for the case and determine how best to pursue them. If you don’t feel comfortable releasing your identity, we will keep your name private throughout your case. Make an appointment for a free consultation today to learn more about child sex abuse lawsuits in San Diego. Contact us online or call (800) 700-8450.