Sacramento Sexual Abuse
If you are a survivor of any type of sexual abuse in Sacramento, California, you deserve a legal advocate who will fight diligently for your rights. Manly, Stewart & Finaldi has been successfully representing sexual abuse and assault survivors for more than 25 years. We are one of the top sexual abuse law firms in the country, with record-setting results for former clients. Our lawyers can help you if you or a loved one has suffered sexual abuse. Contact us today for a free and private consultation.
Why Clients Choose Us
- We are a full-service sexual abuse law firm. This means we have all of the tools, resources and personnel to handle your case from start to finish. We will also do our best to help you move forward after your case has ended, if necessary.
- We know how difficult it is to come forward about sexual abuse and are here for you. Our attorneys can keep your identity anonymous and the details of your case confidential, if desired. We will put your safety and peace of mind above all else.
- Our lawyers are not afraid to stand up against any defendant, including a powerful institution such as a school district or diocese, in pursuit of justice for sexual abuse.
What Is Sexual Abuse?
Sexual abuse is a crime that refers to any physical, verbal or visual acts of a sexual nature committed against someone without the victim’s consent. The law in all 50 states is that minors cannot legally give their consent. In general, sexual abuse is used instead of the term sexual assault when describing an ongoing pattern of abuse over time, such as an adult abusing a child for a number of months or years. Sexual assault and abuse can refer to any of the following:
- Any sexual encounter with a minor
- Unwelcome sexual advances
- Fondling, groping or kissing without consent
- Exposure of sexual organs
- Sexual molestation or penetration
- Sodomy, rape or attempted rape
- Statutory rape
- Child pornography
Sexual abuse often involves an imbalance of power between the perpetrator and the victim. For example, sexual abuse may be seen between a pastor and a youth group member, a teacher and a student, or a doctor and a patient. Perpetrators take advantage of their positions of power and trust to sexually abuse and assault their victims. If you believe you or someone you love has experienced sexual abuse, stand up for your rights with help from an attorney.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
A sexual abuse lawyer in Sacramento can help you go up against one or more defendants in pursuit of justice and closure. You may have grounds to file a lawsuit not only against the individual who abused you, but also the institution(s) that allowed the abuse to take place or did nothing to address the problem. If a school district knew or reasonably should have known about unprofessional or inappropriate conduct by a teacher but did not properly investigate or penalize the teacher, for instance, the district could be responsible for school sexual abuse.
A lawyer can take care of the confusing legal aspects of your civil lawsuit, such as lengthy paperwork and the filing process. Your lawyer can go up against the defendants on your behalf so that you do not have to face them alone. An experienced attorney will fight for maximum financial compensation for your case, even if that means going to trial. Finally, an attorney in your corner can give you the confidence and peace of mind that you need during this difficult time.
Contact Our Sacramento Sexual Abuse Attorneys Today
If you or someone you know is a sexual abuse survivor in Sacramento, please contact Manly, Stewart & Finaldi right away for a free case evaluation. We will listen to your story, believe you and investigate the incident. If we accept you as a client, we will work tirelessly for the results that you deserve. Call us at (855) 944-0710 or contact us online today for more information.