Riverside Sexual Assault Attorney
If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault or abuse, the Riverside sexual assault attorneys at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can help you obtain the justice that you need to move forward. We understand the immense impact that sexual abuse can have on survivors. We are Riverside’s leading law firm for these cases.
Discuss how our sexual abuse lawyers can help you during an initial case review in Riverside, CA. Contact our qualified sexual assault lawyers today to request a free and confidential consultation.
Why Trust Manly, Stewart & Finaldi With Your Riverside Sexual Abuse Claim?
- We have more than 20 years of experience representing sexual assault and abuse survivors. In that time, we have recovered a total of more than $2 billion in compensation.
- We have gone up against many powerful institutions and won. This includes school districts, churches, Fortune 500 companies and youth organizations.
- Our number one goal in the fight for justice is your wellbeing. Our law firm can keep your identity anonymous throughout your case, if desired.
- Our Riverside sexual abuse attorneys start and end their services with compassion. We understand what you’re going through and will give you the support that you need in this trying time.
What Is Sexual Abuse?
It often takes survivors a long time to come forward with sexual abuse claims. One reason for this is the confusion surrounding what constitutes sexual abuse. California Penal Code Section 261 defines sexual abuse as committing a sexual act of any kind against a victim’s will by means of intimidation, violence, force, duress or injury.
Sexual abuse can also refer to behavior that impacts a victim’s ability to control sexual activity, such as unwanted touching or kissing, grooming a child for sexual abuse, or drugging a victim. Minors cannot give their consent to sexual contact or activity of any kind. Thus, any sexual activity with a child under the age of 18 constitutes sexual abuse or assault.
How a Riverside Sexual Abuse Lawyer Can Help
A Riverside sexual abuse attorney can make the legal process easier and less stressful for you and your family. Your lawyer can handle the legal legwork of your case, including communicating with the defendant so that you don’t have to face your abuser directly. Your lawyer will advocate for you, aggressively defending your rights and best interests during settlement negotiations or a trial.
At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, our California sexual abuse attorneys provide passionate legal representation. Your goals will be our goals. We will do everything possible to achieve a positive outcome for your case, including comprehensive investigations, qualified expert testimony and uncompromising legal negotiations. You can relax and focus on your future while we handle the rest.
Types of Sexual Assault Cases We Handle
Our knowledgeable attorneys have on-the-job experience representing clients in a wide variety of sexual abuse, violence and assault cases in California and throughout the country. We accept all types of cases, including:
- Child sexual abuse
- School and daycare sexual abuse
- Youth organization sexual abuse
- Clergy/religious institution sexual abuse
- Foster care sexual abuse
- Sports sexual abuse
- Workplace sexual harassment or assault
- Rideshare sexual assault
- Sex crimes, such as rape
- Internet sex crimes
- Elder and nursing home sexual abuse
Our sexual abuse lawyers in Riverside are known for going up against large corporations, powerful institutions and other entities with vast legal support on behalf of our clients. We do not back down from a fight.
Warning Signs of Sexual Assault
If you suspect that your child, a student or someone else that you know is suffering sexual abuse or assault, look for the following common red flags:
- Injuries, pain, or itching in the genital area
- Uncommon knowledge of sexual topics (in a child)
- Using new words for private body parts (in a child)
- Nightmares, regression, or bedwetting
- Fear or anxiety surrounding a certain place or person
- Changes in mood, behaviors, or personality
- Sudden decline in school performance
- Loss of appetite
- Frequent urinary tract infections or venereal disease
- Anxiety, depression, or self-harm
Being aware of the common signs of sexual abuse and assault may enable you to detect it early and seek help from the correct authorities right away.
What To Do if You Were Sexually Abused
As a sexual abuse or assault survivor in Riverside, speaking up can be difficult. Taking action, however, can change lives – including your own. Take the following steps, if possible, as a survivor of sexual abuse:
- Ensure your personal safety first. Go to a safe location, such as a friend or family member’s house.
- Don’t stay silent. Tell your story to someone you can trust, as well as the authorities.
- Go to a hospital, if possible, within a day or two of the assault for DNA evidence.
- Process your experience. Talk to a therapist or seek another form of professional help to cope with what happened.
- Consider your legal options with assistance from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi.
Our Riverside sexual assault lawyers can be with you every step of the way, if desired. We have years of experience helping survivors take the actions that will protect them, preserve their rights and bring perpetrators to justice.
Time Limits for Filing a Sexual Abuse Claim in California
You have a time limit known as a statute of limitations to come forward with a sexual abuse or assault claim. In California, the statute of limitations is your 40th birthday or 5 years from the date that you discover the abuse if you were under the age of 18 (whichever is longer). If you were an adult, you have 10 years from the date of the offense or 3 years from the date of discovery.
Compensation for Victims of Sexual Abuse in Riverside, CA
Coming forward with your story is not just about the money. It is a way for you to hold someone accountable for the trauma that you endured, to shed light in dark places within your own community and to obtain the justice you need to heal. Recovering financial compensation is an added benefit, however, that can help your family through this difficult time.
You may be eligible for damages for your medical expenses, psychological therapy, lost wages, lost quality or enjoyment of life, emotional distress, mental anguish, physical suffering, and other losses associated with sexual abuse or assault. Our sexual assault attorneys will explore every possible outlet for financial recovery, including government-funded programs such as CalVCB.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Sexual Abuse Attorney in Riverside
Although it can be difficult to speak up about sexual abuse or assault, it is important to tell your story and seek justice. Working with the attorneys at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can make it easier to file a sexual abuse lawsuit. Your future starts here. Contact our Riverside sexual abuse lawyers today for a free, confidential case evaluation. Call (855) 944-0661 to get in touch with our West Coast office.