Placer County School Sexual Abuse Attorney

If you or your child experienced sexual abuse at a school in Placer County, California, the lawyers at Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can help. We have represented over 100 school sexual abuse clients throughout California in lawsuits against public school districts and other educational institutions. If you believe you have grounds for a case, please contact us as soon as possible. We offer cost-free, confidential and nonobligatory consultations at our local law firm.

What Makes Us Unique?

  • Our founder and managing partner, Attorney John C. Manly, has dedicated his career solely to sexual abuse and assault civil cases for the last 25 years.
  • Our plaintiff’s law firm has obtained over $2 billion in case results for past clients, including multiple global settlements of sexual abuse claims.
  • Our attorneys have the passion and drive to fight for the best possible results for each client. We are not afraid to take on powerful institutions during trials.

Why You Need a Sexual Abuse Attorney

The devastating nature of childhood sexual abuse can make it that much more difficult to go up against a perpetrator and/or school district in pursuit of justice as a survivor. When you hire an attorney, however, you do not need to confront the defendant alone – or at all, unless desired. At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we treat clients with the utmost respect for their privacy. We can keep your identity confidential if you wish. Let us take care of the difficult aspects of your school sexual abuse case, such as communicating with the other side, on your behalf.

What Is School Sexual Abuse?

Sexual abuse can describe any acts of a sexual nature between a teacher or another school employee/volunteer and a student. Even if an act is consensual, it is statutorily sexual abuse under California law because of the roles of each party. School sexual abuse can refer to many different physical and nonphysical acts.

  • Sexual harassment or discrimination
  • Inappropriate sex-related jokes or innuendos
  • Invasion of a student’s personal space
  • Child sexualization or sexual exploitation
  • Physical assault, abuse or battery
  • Child sexual molestation
  • Rape, statutory rape or sodomy

Many students do not come forward to report sexual abuse by teachers or other school staff members. Instead, it is often up to parents to notice potential signs of sexual abuse or misconduct. Signs can include behavioral changes, mental health disorders, suicidal thoughts, outbursts, regression, nightmares and post-traumatic stress disorders. Report any suspicions of school sexual abuse to authorities immediately.

Does California Treat Civil Lawsuits Against Public School Districts Differently Than the Same Lawsuits Against Private Entities?

Public school districts within Placer County are government entities. As such, they historically benefitted from protections under California’s Tort Claims Act. Part of these protections was a strict time limit for survivors to bring claims against the school districts where their abuse occurred. Previously, survivors had six months in most cases, or one year in some, from the last incidence of abuse to bring their claims before they lost the right to file forever.

Luckily, the passing of Assembly Bill 218 has changed things for public school sexual assault survivors in California. AB-218 removed the government tort claim requirement for childhood sexual assault survivors upon its taking effect on January 1st, 2020. No matter how long ago you experienced sexual abuse at a school in Placer County, contact Manly, Stewart & Finaldi for expedient legal counsel. We could help you go up against a school district and/or other parties.

Contact a School Sexual Abuse Attorney for Answers

It is important to protect your rights and best interests as a survivor of school sexual abuse. The best way to do so is by hiring an attorney from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi. We have gained national recognition for our outstanding client services, representation and results. Find out if you have a case, and if so, how we can help, during a free consultation. Schedule yours by calling (800) 700-8450 or submitting our confidential free consultation form online today.