Orange County Boy Scout Sexual Abuse Attorney
The Boy Scouts of America has been around since 1910. Today, it is one of the largest youth organizations in the world, with over 2.4 million young scouts and 1 million adult volunteers. Boy Scouts is also at the center of a major sexual abuse controversy. In 2012, the organization made its perversion files public. These files listed the names of 7,800 suspected pedophiles and over 12,000 victims within the organization. Our O.C. Boy Scout Abuse lawyers can bring these people to justice.
If you are an adult survivor of Boy Scout sexual abuse in Orange County or believe your child has been the victim of this crime, contact Manly, Stewart & Finaldi. We are California’s leading sexual abuse law firm. We may be able to help you go up against the Boy Scouts of America in pursuit of damages.
Reasons to Choose Us
- We have decades of practice area experience.
- We are aggressive and passionate Orange County child sexual abuse attorneys.
- We have award-winning attorneys.
- We have won more than $2 billion on behalf of clients.
- We are not afraid to go up against large institutions such as the Boy Scouts of America.
How a O.C. Boy Scout Sexual Abuse Lawyer Can Help
A lawyer works for you, not for an institution or insurance company. It is your lawyer’s priority to protect your best interests during the claims process. Your lawyer will do everything in his or her power to ensure you have a fair chance of securing justice and compensation for your losses. Your lawyer can take care of many different tasks for you and your family while you focus on healing.
- Identifying the right defendant(s): individuals or institutions
- Filing your claim for the appropriate damages and amounts
- Keeping up with all applicable laws, rules, requirements and deadlines
- Taking over communications with the defendant
- Leveling the playing field between you and the institution
- Protecting your personal safety and privacy
- Pursing maximum economic and noneconomic damages through all available outlets
During insurance settlement negotiations with an organization such as the Boy Scouts of America, a claims adjuster may use delay or deny tactics to get out of offering you an award. The insurance company may deny liability for your damages altogether. Hiring an attorney from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi gives you an advantage during negotiations. Your attorney can aggressively demand compensation and show evidence to prove your eligibility. If negotiations are unsuccessful, your plaintiff’s lawyer can take the case to court in Orange County.
Types of Sexual Abuse Cases We Can Help You With
Sexual abuse at the Boy Scouts of America can refer to many different sex crimes, both in person and via the internet. At our law firm, we have experience handling cases of all types including sexual abuse and clergy abuse in Orange County.
- Sexual touching of a minor (consensual or nonconsensual)
- Internet sex crimes
- Child pornography
- Sexual exploitation
- Multiple-perpetrator sexual assault
- Indecent exposure
- Sexual abuse from a fellow boy scout
- Sexual abuse from a scout leader or volunteer
- Adult survivors of child Boy Scout sexual abuse
If you or your child has suffered sexual abuse during Boy Scouts, do not give up. An experienced Orange County Boy Scout abuse attorney can work with your family to hold the Boy Scouts of America accountable. Volunteers and others within this organization should never abuse their positions of trust to sexually assault or molest young boys. When this crime occurs, victims have the right to pursue justice.
Your Orange County Boy Scout Sex Abuse Lawyers
Our lawyers spend their lives fighting sexual abuse. We do everything we can to stand up for survivors. We shine light on some of America’s darkest places. If you or your loved one has lived through sexual abuse at the Boy Scouts of America, we can help. Our attorneys can analyze your case for signs of negligence that could expose the institution to civil liability, such as failing to properly vet its volunteers. Then, we can go up against the Boy Scouts of America in pursuit of justice, closure and financial recovery.