Los Angeles Boy Scout Sexual Abuse Attorney
Manly, Stewart & Finaldi is here to help survivors who have suffered abuse by members of the Boy Scouts of America. Our Los Angeles Boy Scout sexual abuse lawyers have represented victims of Boy Scout sexual abuse in Los Angeles for years, working our way up to become the leading law firm in California for sexual assault cases. Our lawyers may be able to help you fight for justice and fair compensation.
Let us help you seek financial restitution from a scoutmaster, scout leader or another member of the Boy Scouts of America for sexual abuse. Contact our Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyers today. We respect your privacy. You can keep your identity confidential throughout the entire legal process.
Why Clients Choose Us
- We have decades of experience and proven results.
- We have obtained over $2 billion for our clients.
- We are 100% committed to protecting clients’ rights and privacy.
- We use aggressive and proven legal strategies.
- We are not afraid to go up against major national corporations.
Why Hire a Los Angeles Boy Scout Abuse Lawyer
A lawyer from Manly, Stewart & Finaldi can help you stand up and fight for your rights in the face of something as terrible as Boy Scout sexual abuse. We have helped hundreds of sexual abuse and assault survivors go up against the parties responsible for their traumatic, life-changing experiences. When we seek justice for victims, we do everything possible to secure top financial compensation on their behalf.
- Investigate your Boy Scouts sexual abuse case
- Gather supporting evidence and documentation
- Use our research and past experience with the Boy Scouts of America to help you
- Hire expert witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Hold at-fault and negligent parties accountable
- Fight for the highest settlement or verdict possible
- Go to court for a fair resolution, if necessary
Our firm knows exactly how to handle these cases to our clients’ greatest advantage. We will review the specific facts of your case and map a legal strategy to help you go up against the Boy Scouts of America. If we cannot reach an insurance settlement, we are not afraid to take your case to court in Los Angeles.
The Burden of Proof
In a civil sexual assault case, your Boy Scout sexual abuse lawyer will have the burden to prove the Boy Scouts of America (or another defendant) was negligent in failing to prevent the atrocity that happened to you while under the organization’s supervision or direction. This burden involves proving four main elements.
- Duty to exercise reasonable care. Your lawyer will have the task of proving the defendant owed you a duty of care, such as the Boy Scouts’ duty to supervise children while they are with scout leaders.
- Breach of duty of care. Your lawyer will need to prove the defendant breached this duty of care through an act of neglect, carelessness, intent to harm or abuse.
- Causal link. The defendant’s breach of duty must have caused or contributed to your harm. For example, the Boy Scouts of America may be partially accountable for negligent procedures or protocols that allowed the perpetrator to abuse victims.
- Damages. Your lawyer will need to demonstrate the compensable damages you suffered as a result of sexual abuse. These damages can be economic or noneconomic.
The State of California grants plaintiffs the ability to file civil lawsuits for pain and suffering damages. Even if you cannot file for any economic damages, such as medical expenses, you may be eligible for a pain and suffering award. A successful civil lawsuit could also bring you and your family justice and well-deserved closure after what may have been years of living with this trauma.
Contact an L.A. Boy Scout Sexual Abuse Attorney
You are not alone as the victim of sexual abuse in Boy Scouts. The Boy Scouts of America have disclosed Ineligible Volunteer Files that list more than 13,000 abusers in its ranks. Our attorneys can help you go up against sexual predators and institutions that have failed to protect children again and again, including the Boy Scouts of America. Contact us now to speak to an attorney about a potential sexual abuse case. Initial consultations are free, nonobligatory and 100% confidential.