Long Beach Sexual Assault Attorney
Sexual assault can have a serious impact on a survivor’s livelihood. Sexual assault or abuse can affect your physical, emotional, and psychological wellbeing. Manly, Stewart & Finaldi is recognized as California’s leading sexual assault law firm. Our Long Beach sexual assault attorneys can represent you in the fight for justice. We can go up against perpetrators and institutions that perpetuate these crimes.
For more information about the civil justice process as a sexual assault survivor, request a free consultation in Long Beach today. We understand that talking about your experience is incredibly personal and can be difficult. Our sexual abuse lawyers are here for you and will keep your case and identity 100 percent confidential.
Why Trust Manly, Stewart & Finaldi With Your Long Beach Sexual Assault Claim?
- We have over 25 years of experience representing sexual assault and abuse survivors. We understand these cases and take a trauma-informed approach to law, listening to your needs and adapting our strategies accordingly.
- Our sexual abuse attorneys in California stop at nothing to achieve the justice that their clients deserve. We can take on large corporations, churches, youth organizations and more. We have a history of going to trial and winning positive results for our clients.
- Your lawyer will provide personal care and attention to you and your case throughout every phase of the legal process. You will feel heard, seen, and understood. If requested, we can keep your details private to ensure your personal safety.
What Is Sexual Abuse?
Sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual harassment and rape all fall under the umbrella of sexual violence. Sexual violence can describe any type of sexual contact, activity, or interaction that occurs without the victim’s consent. It can occur with or without force. Examples include unwanted touching or kissing, groping, rape or attempted rape, date rape, anal penetration, statutory rape, and taking sexual photographs of you without your consent. Sexual abuse is never the survivor’s fault. It is a crime that deserves justice.
How a Long Beach Sexual Assault Lawyer Can Help
Working with a Long Beach sexual abuse attorney can give you greater peace of mind during a difficult time in your life. You won’t have to deal with complicated legal processes. Instead, you will have the freedom to focus on healing and building a brighter future while a skilled and experienced lawyer handles your legal claim for you. Your attorney can communicate with the defendant on your behalf, fight for the best possible case outcome, and represent you in and out of court. Ultimately, a skilled sexual assault lawyer can support and assist you when you need it the most.
Types of Sexual Assault Cases We Handle
Manly, Stewart & Finaldi has years of experience representing clients during all types of sexual abuse and assault cases, including:
- Child sexual abuse
- Internet sex crimes
- Nursing home sexual abuse
- Religious institution sexual abuse
- Rideshare sexual assault
- Youth organization and school sexual abuse
- Sex crimes, including rape and crimes against children
- Sexual harassment at work
- Sports sexual abuse
Find out if we can accept your sexual assault case during a free, confidential and zero-obligation consultation with a sexual assault attorney in Long Beach, CA.
Warning Signs of Sexual Assault
It is important to recognize the potential signs of sexual assault, especially in children. Many survivors do not come forward on their own. If you notice any of the following issues, they may be red flags for sexual abuse:
- Physical injuries, including bruising or bleeding of the genitalia
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Unkempt appearance or weight gain or loss
- Low self-esteem
- Fear of being around a certain adult
- Nightmares or fear of going to sleep
- Bedwetting or regression in a child
- Mood swings and outbursts
- Self-harm behaviors
Talk to your child or loved one openly about sexual abuse. Explain that they are safe and not in trouble. If you have reason to suspect sexual assault or abuse, contact the authorities right away.
What To Do if You Were Sexually Abused
- Ensure your personal safety first. Go to a friend or family member’s house where you feel safe.
- Ask for support, either from a loved one or a sexual abuse hotline.
- Get medical attention if you have any injuries from the incident.
- Tell the authorities about the assault. Call 911 or the nonemergency number for assistance.
- Consider filing a lawsuit with assistance from an experienced Long Beach sexual abuse lawyer.
Time Limits for Filing a Sexual Abuse Claim in California
In California, you do not have an unlimited amount of time to bring a sexual abuse civil lawsuit. A law known as a statute of limitations gives you no later than 10 years from the date of the last act of sexual assault or 3 years from the date you discovered or reasonably should have discovered that an injury or illness was related to sexual assault. If you were sexually abused under the age of 18, you have until your 40th birthday or 5 years from the date that you discovered a related injury or illness to file.
Compensation for Victims of Sexual Abuse in Long Beach, CA
The damages or financial compensation available to you as a victim of sexual abuse or assault will depend on your unique situation. Our Long Beach sexual assault attorneys will do what it takes to pursue maximum financial compensation for your past and current losses as well as foreseeable future issues related to the sex crime. You may be eligible for the following damages:
- Medical expenses for physical injuries
- The costs of mental health care, including psychotherapy
- Lost wages, employment benefits or future earning potential
- Emotional distress, mental anguish and lost quality of life
- Loss of consortium with a partner
- Legal fees and out-of-pocket costs related to bringing a lawsuit
- Punitive damages to punish the defendant for wrongful acts
If the defendant cannot afford to pay a settlement or judgment award, your lawyer may be able to seek compensation from the government instead, including the California Victim Compensation Board. Every case is unique. To discuss the potential value of your sexual abuse claim, consult with our sexual abuse attorneys in Long Beach.
Contact a Sexual Assault Attorney in Long Beach, CA Today
We know that filing a sexual abuse lawsuit is not only about the money. It is much more personal – it is about justice, holding a wrongdoer accountable and pushing for changes on an institutional level. However, we also know that obtaining compensation can help you and your family pay for related losses and move forward with greater financial peace of mind during this difficult time.
For more information about your right to bring a sexual abuse civil lawsuit, as well as how we can help, contact us to request a free case review with a Long Beach sexual assault lawyer. Call (800) 700-8450 today.