Fresno Sexual Assault Attorney
Manly, Stewart & Finaldi is California’s leading sexual assault and sexual abuse plaintiff’s injury law firm. Our Fresno sexual assault attorneys represent survivors of sexual assault with compassion and aggressive legal strategies. We understand the fear, anger and grief that comes with sexual assault and abuse. We are dedicated to fighting for justice and accountability on behalf of survivors in Fresno and throughout California.
If you or someone you love has been sexually assaulted, please don’t wait to contact our law firm for assistance. We offer free and entirely confidential initial case evaluations, where you can discuss your situation with a sexual abuse attorney and learn your legal options. We can give you the support and representation that you need to get the justice that you deserve.
Why Trust Manly, Stewart & Finaldi With Your Fresno Sexual Assault Claim?
- We have been handling sexual assault and abuse cases throughout California for over 25 years. We have the experience and successful past case results to prove our capabilities.
- Our California sexual abuse attorneys are not intimidated by large corporations or organizations. We are committed to exposing institutional abuse on a larger scale, including clergy and school sexual abuse.
- Your lawyer will be attentive and respect your need for privacy and personal safety. We can keep your identity and case 100 percent confidential if requested.
What Is Sexual Abuse?
Sexual abuse is a pattern of sexual assault that persists throughout a period of time in the survivor’s life. It can also be used to describe an isolated incident of sexual assault. Sexual abuse or assault can entail any type of unwanted sexual contact with a victim, including kissing, touching, molestation, rape, or attempted rape.
Sexual abuse can also describe nonphysical sex crimes, such as exposure of sexual organs, masturbating in front of a victim and child pornography. Sexual assault can affect both children and adults. Since children under the age of 18 cannot legally give their consent, any type of sexual activity between an adult and minor constitutes sexual abuse.
How a Fresno Sexual Assault Lawyer Can Help
You have been through enough as a survivor of sexual assault in Fresno. Let an experienced attorney handle the complicated legal aspects of your claim for you so that you can focus on your future. Hiring a Fresno sexual abuse lawyer to represent you when going up against an individual or entity can come with many benefits.
An attorney will know what course to take and strategies to use to achieve the best possible results for your case. This includes going to trial against one or more defendants, if necessary. The right lawyer will also address your personal needs, such as helping you find the best doctors and therapists in Fresno. You can focus on your personal safety and healing while a lawyer handles the legal process for you.
Types of Sexual Assault Cases We Handle
Manly, Stewart & Finaldi is equipped to handle many different types of sexual assault cases on behalf of survivors. These include:
- All types of sex crime cases
- Child sexual abuse
- Clergy sexual abuse or assault
- Elder and nursing home sexual abuse
- Internet sex crimes
- Isolated incidents of sexual assault
- Rideshare sexual assault
- School sexual abuse
- Workplace sexual harassment and sexual abuse
- Youth organization abuse, including girls’ and boys’ clubs
As a prominent sexual assault and abuse law firm in California, we have experience with many different types of cases, including challenging and complicated lawsuits. Our Fresno sexual assault attorneys understand what each case needs to succeed.
Warning Signs of Sexual Assault
If you believe your child or someone else in your life is the victim of sexual abuse, check for the following signs:
- Trouble walking or genital injuries
- Venereal disease
- Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anxiety or depression
- Nightmares or regression in children
- Unusual knowledge of sexual subjects (in a child)
- Loss of appetite or unexplained weight loss/gain
- Mood changes
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviors
If you suspect sexual assault or abuse, speak to your loved one directly about your concerns. Explain that they are not alone, they are not to blame and that help is available.
What To Do if You Were Sexually Abused
- Get medical attention for any injuries or sexual trauma. If possible, go to a hospital within 72 hours of sexual abuse to obtain a sexual assault forensic exam.
- Tell someone. Don’t suffer in silence. Tell a trusted friend or family member about the incident. You can be protected from retaliation. Stay someplace you feel safe and heard.
- Get help. The psychological side of sexual assault can be just as distressing as the physical. Get support from therapy, medication, meditating and other outlets to help you process abuse.
- Contact an attorney. When you’re ready, contact a Fresno sexual abuse attorney to take legal action against one or more parties for sexual abuse. Holding someone accountable can bring you justice and closure.
Time Limits for Filing a Sexual Abuse Claim in California
In California, there is a time limit on filing a sexual abuse claim. If you miss your time limit, you may give up the right to hold someone legally and financially accountable. Currently, you have until your 40th birthday to file an action for sexual abuse that you suffered before you were 18, or 5 years from the time that you discover an associated illness or issue. If you were over 18 at the time of the assault, you have 10 years from the date of the last act or 3 years from the date that you discovered a related illness.
Compensation for Victims of Sexual Abuse in Fresno, CA
Bringing a lawsuit against your abuser can hold a wrongdoer civilly accountable for the crimes against you. It can result in financial compensation to help you pay for your related economic and noneconomic losses. You may be eligible for compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Legal expenses
A sexual abuse lawyer in Fresno can help you fight for maximum financial compensation, including using resources such as the California Victim Compensation Board if the defendant cannot afford to pay.
Contact a Sexual Assault Attorney in Fresno, CA Today
Sexual assault and abuse are devastating crimes that can impact survivors for life. Although nothing can take back what happened to you, bringing a civil lawsuit can go a long way toward providing justice so that you can move forward. At Manly, Stewart & Finaldi, we can help you fight for the recovery and future that you deserve. Discuss your case in detail during a free and confidential evaluation with a Fresno sexual assault attorney today. Call (800) 700-8450 or contact us online.